A rabbit owner needs the best rabbit nail clippers to keep their pet’s nails nice and trimmed. Doing so is essential since unclipped nails can grow long, curl inwards, and cause problems. If a rabbit goes too long without clipping its nail, it may even experience trouble while hopping.
This guide will enlist 7 of the best-rated rabbit nail clippers on the market. We have also included their pros and cons along with some expert tips so you can make an informed choice.
Winner Best Nail Clippers for Rabbits: Shiny Pet Store’s Small Animal Nail Clipper
- FOR SMALL PETS: Our claw scissors have been designed to be used on small animals, such as dogs, kittens, puppies, birds and bunny. Use them as kitten nail clippers or as general pet nail trimmers.
- SAFE & EASY TO USE: Fitted with razor sharp blades made out of stainless steel and an ergonomic grip made out of a top grade plastic the production of these clippers does not harm the environment.
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: The stainless steel blade and the handle is finished with a rubberized coating that allows you to securely grip them in order to prevent painful accidents.
- INSTRUCTIONAL EBOOK: Worried about clipping your pet's nails for the first time? Don't you fret! Just scan the QR code on the back of the package with your smartphone and get the full guide right now.
Shiny Pet Store’s small animal nail clippers come with a 20-degree angle in the blades that makes it easy to view your pet’s nails. This ensures that you don’t cut too close to the quick.
Also, its blade is semi-circular and very sharp, so you get a clean cut each time.
They also feature ergonomically designed anti-slip handles that keep your fingers firmly in place. This enhances safety while trimming.
Here are the features and pros and cons of Shiny Pet Store’s small animal nail clippers
- Dimensions – 3.7 x 2.6 x 0.6 inches – perfect for bunnies 5 lb. and over.
- 20-degree angled and semi-circular blades for quick cutting
- Razor-sharp stainless steel blades resist rusting
- Windowed design lets you see the nail while cutting
- Ergonomically designed, anti-slip handles
- The manufacturer sends a QR code which you can scan to download an e-Book with instructions for how to trim pet nails with the clipper,
- Keep styptic powder on hand to stop bleeding instantly.
We chose the Shiny Store small pet nail clippers as the top entry in our best rabbit nail clippers list because they are scissor-style, sharp, and angled at 20-degrees with semi-circular blades. These features make them user-friendly. They also have a small window to see your rabbit’s nails when you cut. Its price is reasonable too.
Best Nail Grinder for Rabbits: Casfuy Pet Nail Grinder
- Safe, Effective & Precise Trimming: This dog nail grinder uses an advanced diamond drum bit grinder to deliver the safest, most comfortable pet claw grinding. Recommended by veterinarians and pet grooming professionals, painlessly and precisely trim your pet's nails anywhere.
- Advanced 2-Speed Switch & 3 Grinding Ports: The trimmer features an adjustable, low-high speed design powerful enough support heavy grinding. And with 3 ports to match small, medium, or large pets, simply choose the appropriate port and speed depending on your pet's size and nail hardness.
- Super Low Noise & Vibration: Many pets get stressed by the sound and vibration of pet nail grinder. However, our electric pet nail grinder uses a superior motor with super-quiet technology that produces a very low vibration. Help sand pets claws faster and easier.
- Rechargeable & Portable: The cordless dog grinder is rechargeable and has an indicator light on the bottom that turns on when charging. Each grinder has a built-in battery that lasts 2 hours after a 3-hour charge. The lightweight and ergonomic body design also makes it easier to handle in your right or left hand.
Casfuy’s pet nail grinder may be advertised as only for dogs and cats. However, even professional groomers recommend this nail trimmer for rabbits, guinea pigs, and other small pets.
Casfuy Nail Grinder has received many rave reviews from thousands of users. It is safe, effective, and precise. Its diamond head ensures perfect nail grinding without hurting the ‘quick’ (the vein) of the nails. The grinder is angled so that it creates a 45-degree oblique around the nails that protects the quick.
Casfuy Pet Nail Grinder also comes with three ports and multiple speeds. For small animals like rabbits up to 5 lb., you choose Port No. 1.
If you’re worried that the grinder’s noise will scare your little buddy, you need not worry. This grinder has a noise level of less than 50 dB.
- Diamond bit grinder for fast and precise trimming
- 45-degree oblique angle for quick protection
- Three ports and speed options for different pet sizes.
- Low noise level under 50 dB
- Convenient charging options like USB, PC/laptop, power bank, etc.
- 1-meter-long charging cord
Get your bunny used to rabbit nail clipping from an early age. It is helpful if you let your pet listen to the grinder’s sound a few times before using them. Provide plenty of treats while grooming.
Some rabbits have black nails, which make it harder to see the nail’s blood vessel (quick). With this best rabbit nail grinder from Casfuy, you need not worry about hurting your bunny. The sharp diamond grinder creates a 45-degree oblique around the nails, ensuring that it does not reach the quick. Guaranteed peace of mind for bunny owners! The price is on the higher side but worth it.
Best Nail Clippers for Rabbits With Light: Allstar Innovations PetiCare Nail Clippers with LED Light
- NEW & IMPROVED PETICARE NAIL CLIPPER – The illuminated nail clipper. The safe & easy way to trim your pet’s nails! The original As Seen on TV now with improvements! Improvements to the handles, lights, & nail magnifier/trapper.
- 4 SUPER-BRIGHT LED LIGHTS- Illuminates light colored nails’ delicate bloodline, so you can trim in the right spot! Lights have been relocated to increase visibility of your pets quick in their nail. For dark nails, be sure to look at the dark nail head-on, once you see a small dark circle, this is as far as you should go.
- MAGNIFICATION & NAIL TRAPPER - 5X the magnification & doubles as a nail trapper. Nail trapper helps catch nail clippings for easy cleanup!
- PRECISION CUTTING BLADE – Made of hardened steel, the blade cuts nails QUICKLY & ELIMINATES the struggle! Super comfortable grip on the unit makes it easy to hold.
A nail clipper with light magnifies the quick and helps you avoid it. This is especially recommended for rabbit claws that are too long and are also dark in color. The ALL-Star Innovations PetiCare nail clippers with light magnify your pet’s dark nails five times over!
- Four super bright LED lights
- Five times magnification, the magnifier also works as a nail trapper to catch the trimmed nails for easy cleanup.
- Ergonomic handles for better grip
- It needs 3 LR33/AG44 batteries
- The LED can be Off/On or trigger position – which means it will be on when you cut.
- Put the nail in the illuminated zone. Use the magnifier for accuracy. Make a clean cut each time.
ALL Star Innovations PetiCare nail clippers with light highlight the blood-supplied veins inside your rabbit’s nails for better clarity and safety. It also has a magnifier that improves accuracy while trimming. Its price is quite reasonable.
Best Budget Buy: Kaytee Pro Small Pet Nail Trimmer
- Professional quality
- Helps prevent nails from breaking and snagging
- 2-1/2-Inch long, 3-1/4-inch wide, 6-1/4-inch high
- Easy to use
Are your bunny’s nails sagging and breaking constantly? Are you afraid of trimming its nails at home and hate spending hundreds of dollars at the groomer or vet? Then you need this small pet nail trimmer from Kaytee. It is also the choice of professional groomers.
Here are the features and pros, and cons of the Kaytee Pro Small Nail Trimmer:
- 2-½ x 3-¼ x 6-¼ (L x W X H) inches
- Precision cutting edges
- Easy, ergonomic grip for fingers
Kaytee Pro Nail Trimmer for rabbits will make keeping your pet’s claws trimmed easier. They are easy to use, sharp, and make a clean cut without hurting the blood vessels. The price is very affordable too.
Best Overall – Simply Pets Online Veterinarian Designed Rabbit Nail Clippers with Superior Sharpness
- DESIGNED BY 2 VETERINARIANS in our own feline-only clinic - We use these clippers daily with our clients and with our own cats
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES - The thick and sharp stainless steel blades are strong and sharp, designed to give a clean quick trim and last for years. Instructional videos available directly from us
- RUBBER COATED HANDLE - The handle is designed for your pet’s safety first, offering a reliable non-slip grip through the lightweight rubber coating but with your comfort in mind
- NOT JUST FOR CATS - These cat claw trimmers are also designed for medium and small dogs, kittens, rabbits, puppies, birds, guinea pigs and other small pets
Two veterinarians have designed these super-sharp yet safe small pet nail clippers from Simply Pets Online for cats, small puppies, and rabbits. They are the choice of clippers for professionals.
The stainless-steel blades are slightly curved, thick, and sharp. These features ensure a clean trim without chipping or splintering the nails. The veterinarians have also included instructional videos for tips on how to use these best rabbit nail clippers.
- High-quality stainless-steel blades with a slight curvature and superior sharpness
- No-slip, rubber-coated, ergonomic handles for superior grip
- Made by two expert veterinarians with 36 years of experience in the field.
- Use a firm, quick motion and cut at a 45-degree angle below the quick.
We can trust these nail clippers from Simply Pets Online as they are designed and used by professionals having over 36 years of experience in the veterinary field. The scissors are well-made, and their high-quality, sharp blade ensures smooth, cutting action. The price is reasonable too.
Best Heavy-Duty Rabbit Nail Clippers – gonicc Pets Nail Clippers and Trimmers – with Safety Guard
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles are strong,lightweight,and comfortable.
- Sharp blades are made of high quality stainless. Unlock protection prevent children from using it.
- Free Hidden Nail File conveniently stored in handle will allow you to polish sharp nails to perfection.
- Safety stop blade greatly reduces the risk of cutting nails too short.
Gonicc pet nail clippers feature heavy-duty, stainless-steel blades that are powerful enough to cut in one move. They also feature a safety stop guard that prevents you from trimming the nails too close to the blood vessel inside them.
- Ergonomically designed handles for superior grip
- Non-slip soft handles for preventing user strain
- Razor-sharp stainless-steel blades that retain sharpness longer
- Safety stop guard
- Locking mechanism to prevent children from misusing them
- Includes a nail file to trim down sharp edges
Check out this video for more details on how to use gonicc Pet Nail Trimmer.
Gonicc Small Pet Nail Trimmer for rabbits is easy to use, safe, and very durable. They are also lightweight and easy to maneuver. Its blades are made of sturdy stainless steel, which keeps them long-lasting and rust-free. Its safety stop-blade prevents you from cutting the nail too close to the blood vessels. gonicc Pet Nail Trimmer is reasonably priced.
- Best Small Rabbit Nail Clippers – Pet Republique Stainless Steel Claw Trimmers for Small Animals
- PROFESSIONAL CAT NAIL CLIPPERS - One of the best cat nail clippers / professional small animal nail clippers on the market. These nail clippers are designed for small breeds: kittens, cats, rabbits, puppy, chinchilla, guinea pig, and more.
- TOP QUALITY - 90 Days money back guarantee, and 4 years warranty! Our thick stainless steel blades is strong and sharp to last for years. These nail clippers are quality controlled during the process of manufacturing. Parts will not loose or fall apart, making this a top quality professional cat nail clippers on the market.
- COMFORT & EASY - Offers larger and softer grip area compare to similar products on the market for better stability. Handle size is good for both women and men; stress-free experience.
- TIPS - Apply baby oil to make the quick of the pet's nail visible. If pet's nails are very long, cut off a small amount and wait a week before cutting again. Clear instructions are printed at the back of the nail clippers package.
For small rabbits between 1 and 5 lb., you need a lightweight yet sharp claw trimmer that can quickly, safely, and gently trim down long nails. The Pet Republique stainless steel claw trimmers are specially designed with small animals like kittens and bunnies in mind.
Its super-sharp blades and improved ergonomic handles make claw trimming rather easy.
Here are some of its other features:
- Sharp stainless-steel blade specially designed for small breed animals
- Handle-size is designed for men and women for the least strain on hands and superior grip
- Apply some baby oil to your rabbit’s nails to make the quick/blood vessel visible.
- If you’re unsure about the quick’s location, trim just a tiny amount and repeat after one week.
The fact that Pet Republique pet nail trimmers are specially designed for small breed animals ensures that they are safe to use on small rabbits. They are sharp, safe, and easy to hold and maneuver. Their price is also affordable.
Here are some factors to consider when selecting nail clippers for your bunny:
There are three types of rabbit nail clippers: guillotine style, scissor-style, and grinders. The guillotine style of clippers needs a bit of getting used to, so if you haven’t cut your bunny’s nails before, it is best to opt for the scissor style.
The scissor-styled pet nail clipper is easy to master and also safer as it lets you take off small bits of nails to avoid injury.
Nail grinders are also a great option; however, some rabbits are known to get startled by their grinding noise.
Most small-breed bunnies are in the weight range of 1 to 7 lb. These do well with small to medium-sized clippers of about 3.7 x 2.6 x 0.6 inches dimensions. For large-breed rabbits over ten lb., you may want to choose larger clippers.
Look for safety features like a safety guard, window, or a LED light that lets you see the ‘quick’ inside the nail. This will help you avoid that area and prevent bleeding.
Look for the best rabbit clippers that are easy to use and user-friendly. They should have an anti-slip grip that is ergonomically designed, so your fingers stay in place.
In captivity, rabbit nails should be clipped. Failure to do so may cause them to grow long, which could hurt your pet. Long nails often cause problems when your pet tries to hop. They could even curl inwards, hurting your bunny.
Can you cut your rabbit’s nails at home?
Yes, you could safely cut your rabbit’s nails at home with some practice. However, make sure that you avoid the ‘quick’ region of the nail. If in doubt, seek help from your veterinarian or a professional pet groomer. As a precaution, keep some styptic powder ready to stem the bleeding.
In the wild, rabbits spend a lot of time digging and hopping on all kinds of surfaces. This naturally wears down their nails and prevents them from growing long.
The best rabbit nail clippers are safe, easy to use, and ergonomically designed. They also have various safety features that prevent you from cutting your bunny’s nails too close to the blood vessels or the quick.
We recommend the Shiny Pet Store’s Small Animal Nail Clipper based on these features. They are scissor-style – which makes them easy to use. They are also sharp, angled at 20-degrees, and durable. They even have a small window between their blades which lets you see your pet’s nails clearly when you cut. Its price is reasonable too.
Do check out our other recommendations as well.