If you’re looking for the best rabbit bed, you have come to the right place! Here we are presenting honest reviews of 7 great rabbit beds that you and your bunny will love.
The sheer variety in cute bunny beds or rabbit beds can actually be daunting as it makes the selection process so much more difficult.
Good rabbit beds are warm, cute, and comfortable for your bunny and also inviting enough for your furry pet baby to actually sleep in them.
Here is a list of 7 of the best bunny beds with their pros and cons.
Best Rabbit Bed – 2022 Top 7 Picks
Winner: JanYoo Warm Bunny Bed
There are a number of reasons why we picked the JanYoo best rabbit bed as our winning entry. First of all, it is filled with soft, PP cotton which is moisture-wicking, heat retentive, and also stretchable. Ths cotton layer is covered with a super soft velvet material that will keep your rabbit comfortable and warm.
Secondly, the JanYoo bed is super cute-looking and available in various attractive colors and prints. People who come to see your bunny will surely admire it and your bunny will also feel like sleeping in it.
Thirdly, it comes with a zipper that lets you remove the cover so you can toss it in the washing machine and have it nice and clean.
The well-designed bed provides a comfortable place for your rabbit to hide during the day and sleep at night. It also features a wide opening that lets your buddy get in and out easily.
- Available in three sizes: S for rabbits up to 1 lb., L for rabbits up to 2 lb., and XL for rabbits over 3.5 lb. There is also an option of buying 3 pack in size L if you have multiple rabbits
- Filling made with high-quality PP cotton – covered with plush velvet
- 6 different animal prints/color options
- The bed is vacuum-packed. So, let it sit for a few hours after unpacking it, so that it regains its shape.
How it compares
JanYoo rabbit bed is one of the bestselling bunny beds on the market. It cost less than $30 and is warm, cosy, and very well-made. It is available in several color and print options that will make your rabbit’s cage look cosy and cute. This bed also washes well and retains its shape and plushness.
Best Overall: Niteangel Foldable Rabbit Bed Plus Tent
If you’re looking for a cute, ‘den-like’ cosy hiding spot plus a bed for your little bunny to hide in, look no further than the Niteangel Foldable Rabbit Bed-Plus-Tent.
Compared to regular rabbit beds that do not offer any overhead protection which most rabbits desire, the Niteangel bunny bed provides a comfortable resting tepee-like structure for your fur baby just as it would seek in the wild.
Niteangel Tent-Plus-Rabbit-Bed also opens up into a regular rectangular bed or a floor mat- in case a claustrophobic bunny prefers a more ‘open’ design. Your pet can run and jump on it without you having to worry about it hurting its paws on the cage floor.
Check out Niteangel Foldable Rabbit Bed’s excellent features:
- Open design measurements – 14.1 x 33.8 inches.
- Tent design measures – an opening of 13.7 inches, and 11.4 x 13.2 inches
- Chew-proof design – made with durable splashproof surface fabric
Add some structural support inside the tent – that way, if your bunny jumps over it, it won’t be able to flatten it.
How it compares
For under $25, this is a reliable, safe, and durable rabbit bed. You can put it down on the floor as a bed or use it as a cozy tent for your rabbits to feel safe and secure. It is machine washable and chew-resistant as well. You and your bunny will surely love it.
3. Best Rabbit Bed Under $10: RIOUSSI Bunny Bed
Rioussi warm bunny bed comes in several sizes for small, medium, and extra-large rabbits. It is made using high-quality fleece and cotton padding that is resistant to sharp bunny teeth.
Your pet’s cage will look even more adorable thanks to this cute rabbit bed. It is also available in 3 sizes and 4 attractive colors.
- The dimensions of Large size bunny bed are 13.7 x 11.8 inches (L x W). Also available in Medium (11.8″x9.8″) and Extra-large sizes (18.5″X14″). Padding is more than 1” thick.
- 4 attractive color options with cute prints
- Hand and machine-washable
- Made with high-quality fleece and warm cotton padding
- If you opt to machine wash it, place it inside a laundry bag and only wash it on the cold cycle.
How it compares
RIOUSSI bunny bed is a great choice for people looking for a rabbit bed under $10. It is cute, available in various sizes and patterns, and also easy to clean. On the downside, it may not be suitable for aggressive chewers.
4. Best Rabbit Bed Under $20: FLAdorepet Rabbit Bed House
Most rabbits prefer to rest inside a covered house/den-like structure – especially in the winters – as that is how they live in the wild.
The FLAdorepet’s rabbit house with a removable bed supports your pet’s natural instinct and provides it with a warm and cozy habitat.
- Available in 7 attractive colors
- Dimensions – 9 x 9 x 10 inches
- Detachable, washable bed/mat
- Easy to clean
- Sturdy and durable
- Tends to attract cage bedding like pine bits and paper.
- Buy one for each bunny since most don’t like to share.
- The rabbit bed takes a few days to dry in cool weather – so keep one or two extra to replace the ones that are drying.
How it compares
FLAdorepet’s rabbit house with a removable bed is soft, warm, and very cosy. Most rabbits love it. The bed is easy to clean too. For under $20, this is a great rabbit bed to buy.
5. Best Self-Warming Rabbit Bed – Hollypet Self-Warming 2 in 1 Foldable Rabbit Bed
Hollypet rabbit bed is made with Arctic velvet filling that has superior heat retention. This keeps the foldable rabbit bed soft, warm, and very cosy. It is especially great for those winter months when temperatures drop below freezing.
Hollypet’s self-warming bunny bed is available in two great colors and three sizes.
- Available in S (12 x 12 x 16 inches), M (15 x 15 x 15 inches), and L (16 x 16 x 17 inches) sizes
- Filling made of arctic flannel with an outer flannel cover
- Handle on the top for picking up
- Spacious cave
- Add some extra padding inside to enhance your bunny’s comfort
How it compares
Hollypet rabbit bed is ideal for freezing winters as it has a self-warming feature. You can also add an extra layer of padding or use a heating pad inside it if needed. Its color is attractive and it is very well designed with thoughtful features. Its price is super-affordable as well.
6. Best Rabbit Bed Pads: Hilihali Cozy Rabbit Bed Pads
Some rabbits do not like sleeping inside tepees or covered tent-like beds. If your finicky guy or girl belongs to that category, then you may want to try a rabbit bed pad.
Bed pads are also a great addition to cave beds if your pet already has one. The pad adds an extra layer of cozy padding so your pet can rest comfortably inside its tepee bed/cave bed. They are especially convenient when you want to change mats.
Check out the cool features and the pros and cons of Hilihali cozy rabbit bed pads
- Dimensions – 13.7” x 10.6” – ideal size for most rabbits
- Made using soft flannel and cotton
- Available in 13 great prints/patterns/colors like stars, dots, etc.
- Best suited for bunnies that do not chew up their bed.
How it compares
Most rabbits will surely love these cute and cosy bed pads. You can add them inside the rabbit’s cave bed if it has thin padding. The price of the pads is super affordable too. You also get two pieces in each pack.
7. Best Designed Rabbit Bed Pad – Tierecare Rabbit Cave Bed
Tierecare’s bunny bed will have you and your guests gushing and oohing at its cuteness. This bunny bed frame is in an attractive strawberry-like design and you can choose from attractive colors like red, blue, pink, and purple.
- Features a removable, washable pee pad
- 4 color choice
- Hiigh-quality material on the outside
- No-skid bottom to ensure the bed stays in place
- Dimensions – 10.24 x 10.24 x 9.45 inches – opening of 4.7 x 5.9 inches
- Recommend getting two so you can switch when you’re washing one.
How it compares
Tierecare’s bunny bed has a very cute strawberry-like design. It is attractive and has a large opening for dwarf rabbits and other smaller species to enter and exit easily. Your rabbit will look very cute in this cozy bed.
How to Choose a Rabbit Bed?
Here are some factors to consider when selecting a rabbit bed:
A good rabbit bed for a small rabbit should have a height of at least 13 inches, a length of about 12 inches, and a width of 11 inches. If you choose a cave or tepee-like design, then the entrance should at least be 7 x 6 inches. That way, your pet can enter and exit the cave bed safely and easily. If your bunny is on the larger side, you might need a bed in XL size.
Always measure your bunny’s height before selecting a hut/cave bed.
Look for rabbit beds made of safe materials. They should be eco-friendly and non-irritating to their skin. There should be no seams that their claws could get tangled in. If your pet chews everything, look for chew-resistant beds or beds made with natural fabrics that won’t harm your buddy.
Durable and Easy to Care for
The bed should be easy to either hand-wash or machine wash. It should hold up well and retain its shape and plushness. It should also withstand wear and tear and last for several years to come.
Check out this great video on how to make a rabbit bed.
Why Won’t my Rabbit Sleep in its Bed?
Everyone wants their bunny sleeping in its bed. However, some picky bunnies refuse to sleep in their beds for the following reasons:
If you have chosen a cave bed/tepee/hut, then some rabbits may not sleep in it for they feel trapped. They may fear getting hurt while entering or exiting. Resultantly, they may sleep on the top of the cave bed or outside it.
If the bed you have chosen is too small, your pet might feel uncomfortable or might even get tangled coming in or out of it.
An unsafe bed with loose threads and seams could have snagged your pet’s claws on it. This can result in negative or traumatic feelings about all beds and resultantly, your pet might refuse to sleep in it.
Too Cold/Too Warm
Sometimes, bed pads with an open design may not be warm enough for your bunny. Conversely, closed cave beds or tepee beds may be too warm for the summers. These extreme conditions could prevent your pet from sleeping in the bed you’ve chosen.
Conclusion – Best Rabbit Bed
The best bed for rabbits should be comfortable, warm, cute, and restful for your bunny and also inviting enough for your furry friend to actually sleep in it.
Based on these factors, we recommend the JanYoo rabbit bed as it is one of the bestselling bunny beds on the market. It cost less than $30 and is warm, cosy, and very well-made. JanYoo bunny pet bed is available in several color and print options and will stand out in your rabbit’s cage. The bed also washes well and retains its shape and plushness.
Do check out our other recommendations as well.